Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
download/uploaded premium issue
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-21-2015 01:16 PM

Posted by:
reshef316

Find more posts by reshef316

Over the past day or so i've been having an odd problem - I have a premium uploaded.net account, When i add a link (which works fine with chrome) one of two things happens - either the file tries to connect for a long time (2-3 minutes, sometimes less, sometimes more) or it begins downloading, but always stops a few mb short of a complete file. I checked my connection to ul.to and uploaded.net, made sure cookies are enabled etc, checked the segment size settings in igetter, but still, nothing seems to work...

I tried a few sources, a few files, but the result is always the same - a stuck file or a download that doesn't complete... any clue what I should do?

i'm using igetter for mac version 2.9.3, chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 (64-bit). thanks for the advice

04-21-2015 02:04 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

A waiting/broken download that stops at 99% completion most probably means that download URL or login session has expired. You can see the exact error in the Segments tab panel. So to resume such download you may try to get a fresh URL from the same download site, then pause the download in iGetter, open its "Items Settings" dialog and paste the new download URL (replacing the existing one).

To prevent further problems with such URLs you may set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 50 000 KB. This way iGetter will not try to make new connections at the end of the file.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-22-2015 01:56 PM

Posted by:
reshef316

Find more posts by reshef316

I tried most of that already

my settings were already at 50,000 kb
I checked all logins again to be safe, but i'm still having problems...
a file will just say "connecting" for a few minutes, then turn into a set of numbers (which i'm assuming is the location the file is stored or something similar) and then just stay like that...
once out of every 5 times it will download some of the file and not complete it, but as i said, i checked, and all the settings were already what you said....

any idea what i should try next?

04-23-2015 01:27 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

You can try with the following options:
1. Set "Max simultaneous downloads" (at iGetter preferences, General panel) to 2.
2. Set "Default number of segments" (at iGetter preferences, Acceleration tab panel) to 4.
3. Set "Minimal segment size" (at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel) to 100 000 KB.
4. Choose a proper connection type at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel.
5. Verify that "Send cookies from browser" is ON (at iGetter preferences, Integration panel).
6. Turn OFF "Save redirected URLs" option at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel.
7. Turn OFF "Prevent resuming if file date is modified" option at iGetter preferences, Connections panel.
8. Verify that "Obey Speed Limit (Cmd+L)" option is OFF at Downloads menu.

All options will take effect with the new downloads only.

Edit: "Save redirected URLs" has different effect with sites. With ul.to we received report that switching it ON works.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply
Forum Jump:
< Last Thread     Next Thread >



| Home | News | iGetter | Downloads | Forums |

| Privacy Policy | Contact us |

All contents of these forums are copyright © 2001-2016 Presenta Ltd. All rights reserved.
Forums are moderated by Presenta Ltd.

Powered by: vBulletin Lite Version 1.0.0 Lite
Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited 2000.