adcdownloads stopped working
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-12-2015 10:19 AM

Posted by:
David Edwards

Find more posts by David Edwards

In the past, downloads from Apple developer area transferred to iGetter without any problem. Unfortunately since recent changes to the Apple Developer area seem to have broken iGetter support.

Currently, the transfer does go to iGetter and tries to start but immediately fails. I suspect that some authorization that is needed is not available/being passed to iGetter.

Any chance you could investigate this? Currently, I use the link that remains during the transferred to iGetter screen and paste the link into the Safari downloads panel.

I am using 10.10.4 (beta) with Safari 8.0.7 and iGetter 2.9.3.

Thanks.

06-19-2015 09:16 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
We tested a Xcode download in ADC site using Safari 8.0.6 and iGetter 2.9.3. In our case iGetter downloads an index.html (or login) error page that requires a login. The problem is related to a cookie marked as secure (i.e. HTTPS only), which iGetter plugin can't read and thus causes the reported problem. The workaround is to select "Safari" cookie option (instead of "iGetter" option) for that download in the iGetter "New URL" dialog, Advanced panel. To be able to do so, you need to turn on "Open save dialog on new download" option at iGetter preferences, General panel. Also, you may just drag and drop a download link to the iGetter Dock Icon (instead of clicking on the download link). In this case "Safari" cookie option will be selected automatically, but only if Safari is set as your default browser.

As an alternative you may use Firefox, which works fine.

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-10-2015 10:26 AM

Posted by:
Chris

Find more posts by Chris

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem with Xcode, using Safari 9.0.1, iGetter 2.9.3 and trying to download Xcode 7.2.

I've tried the suggested workaround, (setting the cookie type to Safari) but I'm still getting an index.html saying that the page has moved, or that the user does not have permission.

Any suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks.

12-10-2015 10:32 AM

Posted by:
Chris

Find more posts by Chris

Sorry, I missed your last point. Firefox does work as an alternative.

Thanks.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply