Help understanding what iGetter has to offer
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-21-2015 08:36 PM

Posted by:
Jo

Find more posts by Jo

I am new to having satellite internet rather that high speed cable internet, and have issues being able to browse and not use my data up. My provider suggested I get a download manager to download stuff for me at night during bonus hours. It was hard finding one for mac, but I obviously settled on iGetter. I have tried to understand how to use this app, but have not been able to do so. My questions are what can I actually do? Can I download videos from youtube? schedule my updates? download from netflix, comcast (I use someone else's login) amazon prime? Besides videos what else can this do that might be useful to me. To understand what I do on the internet, here are some tidbits about me. I home school, manage my husbands business, do design work for him (sketchup), run 2 non profits (treasurer and secretary), am a home maker in general. So there are a number of websites that I visit daily. If I have the wrong idea about with this app does please tell, because I am starting to go cross eyed trying to figure out how to use it. I am a quick learner if I am pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advanced for your help!

09-22-2015 11:01 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Here is a similar thread about scheduling Apple updates:
http://presenta.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1250

Downloading from Youtube (or other media sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu) with iGetter is not directly supported. The problem is that these sites don't share direct download URLs. Some third party sites like keepvid.com allow downloading of youtube videos. Notice that often movie links expire after some time (i.e. 8 hours).

iGetter works fine with save.tv, audible.com, dramaload.com, etc. Generally, it should work with any site that allows downloading of their content. In all cases we recommend you to use iGetter integration functions (click catcher or contextual menu commands) in the Firefox browser.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply