problems with osx el capitan
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-11-2015 04:24 AM

Posted by:
john

Find more posts by john

I have been using igetter with osx yosemite for a long time now and its been perfect.

today i did a clean install of osx el capitan

and many times i get this error.

Network error: The local file download has different size from the remote file. To fix this you must restart the download from the beginning.

i am downloaing large files from my own server, nothing has changed.

and the option "prevent resuming if the file date is modified" is unticked.

please help

10-12-2015 12:29 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The reported problem may appear if the download URL has expired or if the local or remote files has been modified. Do you have a URL or site where we can reproduce it?

Also, if you've restored iGetter prefs from a backup, all uncompleted downloads must be in the same location where you've started them. Otherwise, you may use "Recover lost downloads" File menu function.

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-22-2015 08:44 PM

Posted by:
clojo99

Find more posts by clojo99

I am having the same problem john described.

For example, try this direct download for Mac OS X 10.11.1

https://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1845/en_US/osxupd10.11.1.dmg

I can start the download, pause then quit, the download can resume. I can log out, log back in, restart iGetter and it will work. but if I RESTART MY MAC and then launch iGetter the file will not resume at all. I get the same message.

I never had this problem with iGetter since upgrading to El Capitan. And I too have the "Present resuming if file date is modified" unchecked.

10-26-2015 08:19 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Please, check the file size of osxupd10.11.1.dmg file that resides on your HDD. Select the file in Finder, then choose File > Get Info, or press Command+I. The "Size" value must be 1189062118 bytes. If it shows some other value, either Apple has modified the file on their servers (i.e. 10.10.1 update was such example) or for some reason your local file is not saved properly (i.e. file is not flushed on your HDD before the restart or there is not enough free space on your HDD).

We will investigate the problem with that exact download.

"Prevent resuming if file date is modified" option in iGetter settings is not related to the reported file size error. File SIZE and file DATE are two different parameters.

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-27-2015 09:41 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Indeed, on El Capitan there is a problem with uncompleted iGetter downloads once the iGetter (v2.9.3) app is closed or after a system restart. Sometimes, files are truncated automatically on a file system level. Most probably a new on the fly optimization occurs in El Capitan to save storage space. However, this also means that we can't reliably save a file (with any app) on that system and expect to find it there after that.

This problem never occurs while iGetter downloads some file or with completed downloads. We're investigating this issue and will look for a way to avoid it in the next iGetter version.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

01-11-2016 06:37 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

iGetter v2.9.4, includes a workaround for this problem.

01-11-2016 09:25 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

Find more posts by JohnnyMack

Im having the same issue

I have well over 200 gb and can't download a file. What's going on?

01-14-2016 06:56 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

@JohnnyMack,
This thread is only about the following error, that may appear in iGetter Segments tab panel:

quote:
Network error: The local file download has DIFFERENT SIZE from the remote file. To fix this you must restart the download from the beginning.

This error may appear on El Capitan, if you use versions of iGetter before v2.9.4, but only if you pause a download manually and then quit iGetter and/or restart your machine. If your problem is different, post a bug report with the exact steps to reproduce it here:
http://www.igetter.net/contactus.html

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply