Drag and drop links not working!!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-19-2015 05:38 AM

Posted by:
Andrew Peden

Find more posts by Andrew Peden

I've been using iGetter for a long time now and it was perfect with Yosemite, but on upgrading to El Capitan I can no longer drag and drop an Uploaded link into the window as it simply does not connect and boots the url.

If I stop a download from ul.to and copy the url of the ACTUAL download then paste that into the iGetter window it will download just fine, but this is really really counter productive, and pretty fucking stupid.

What changed when I upgraded? Why is this no longer doing what it did everyday? Can someone at iGetter stop being a rubbish developer and fix this issue or at the very least give me some help... the answers here are all about errors and stupid shit like that... this problem is simple... and should have a simple answer.

11-20-2015 06:35 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

You haven't mentioned the browser which you use to drag & drop links to iGetter, but here is a summary what current version of iGetter v2.9.3 supports on El Capitan:

1. Firefox and iGetter works fine. Both iGetter integration functions as well as copy & paste (copy a link in your browser and paste it (Cmd+V) in iGetter) methods work fine. Notice that copy&paste method is preferred when your links redirect to another server (i.e. "http://ul.to/xxxx" links).

2. Drag&drop and copy&paste methods don't work with Safari on El Capitan. This will be fixed in the next version of iGetter.

A workaround for Safari users is to set Firefox as default browser even if you don't use it (Firefox options > General > Set as default browser). Then, you need to login to the download site (i.e. ul.to) and quit Firefox. You don't need to start Firefox any longer, just copy&paste links from Safari to iGetter.

There is a serious problem on file system level in El Capitan, which a few users reported in the last moment.It appears on system restart and is very hard to be traced. This is the main reason why we postpone iGetter update. Here is the thread to this problem:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1593

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-11-2016 06:41 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

iGetter v2.9.4 adds support for Safari 9 cookie repository on OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Drag&drop (i.e. on the Dock Icon) and copy&paste methods should work with Safari and latest version of iGetter.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply