IGetter installed itself
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-09-2015 09:19 AM

Posted by:
simon lucas

Find more posts by simon lucas

Incredibly rude that iGetter should install itself on both my browsers without my permission. It appeared this week for no reason and then interfered with all downloads until I took steps to delete it. What a bore.

Unethical behaviour from you guys (Presenta), imo.

12-09-2015 09:57 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

By default iGetter starts with its browser integration turned off. When you explicitly enable iGetter integration with browsers, either from the initial settings dialog or through menu Tools > "Integrate with Internet browsers" or through iGetter preferences > Integration panel, then iGetter will warn you that it will install its browser components.

In addition, iGetter extension for Safari and Firefox, must be enabled explicitly in the browser (when prompted). Some versions of Chrome also require that you explicitly enable newly installed extensions. In all cases, you may just disable iGetter Extension in Chrome menu Window > Extensions.

If you've enabled iGetter integration with browsers and for some reason you deleted iGetter app without first turning off its integration, then you can follow this:
http://igetter.net/faq.html#q1-2

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply