Crashes all the time...
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-12-2016 10:17 AM

Posted by:
William

Find more posts by William

Igetter v2.9.4 crashes the system all the time... i have a macbook pro 10.10.5 and after half hour or so the system keeps on crashing for no apparent reasons... i tried downloading 1 file at the time thinking that would be a problem download multiple files and then BANG... crashes again... anybody has the same problem???

thanks

william

03-14-2016 07:34 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

iGetter can't cause a system crash, since it doesn't load or install anything on a system level (such as installing kext files i.e like Little Snitch). iGetter may crash by itself as any other OS X app, but your report is the first one since v2.9.4 release (on Jan 06, 2016).

So, would you please send to your iGetter crash log file which will help us resolve the problem. You can find it at:

/Users/<user name>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/iGetter.xxxx.crash

Also, we will need an example download link, that can reproduce the problem or just send to us your downloads queue located here:
/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/iGetter/Downloads.plist

Since user Library folder is hidden on OS X 10.7 and up, to open it, you can follow these instructions:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90947.html

Thanks,
iGetter Support

03-30-2016 05:59 AM

Posted by:
Berthold Jansen

Find more posts by Berthold Jansen

same problem here

Since I've updated to Mac OS X 10.11.4 I have the same problem. iGetter crashes after starting a download and the whole system freezes. I only see the spinning beach ball and have to turn off my Mac. Without iGetter everything runs fine, fast and stable.

03-30-2016 06:31 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

@Berthold Jansen,
Please, make sure that you don't download on a NAS/AFP network volumes.

If the problem persists and iGetter crashes, then please send to us a crash log following the instructions above. If iGetter hangs, then we will need an activity sample as explained here:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1618

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply