05-13-2016 11:20 PM

Posted by:
Wonko93

Find more posts by Wonko93

iGetter 2.9.4
iGetter Extension 2.7.3.1
Opera 37.0.2178.43
OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

I am unable to download from Opera using iGetter. Whether I click on a link or right-click and choose iGetter Extension->Download with iGetter, a dialog pops up with the following message:

"iGetter application is not installed or its browser integration is not enabled. You can download iGetter from www.igetter.net."

I have tried all kinds of combinations of enabling and disabling the extension but have been unable to get it to work. Does it work for anyone else?

I can copy/paste a link into iGetter File->New URL and it works but this is a PITA

Please help :)

05-14-2016 08:09 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Opera works with the iGetter Extension for Chrome, but the current version of iGetter (v2.9.4) doesn't install it automatically and you need to do the following:

[Preliminary step 1] Make sure that "Install iGetter Browser Extension" option is on at iGetter Tools menu.

[Preliminary step 2] In order to install Chrome extensions in Opera you need to install this extension:
https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/download-chrome-extension-9/?display=en

1. Install iGetter Extension from the Google Play Store using the link in this FAQ:
http://www.igetter.net/faq.html#q1-7

If you already have Chrome installed:
2. Copy the NativeMessagingHosts folder with its contents (i.e. using the Finder or paste this one line command in the Terminal app):

sudo mkdir -p /Library/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts; sudo cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/com.presenta* /Library/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/

If you have Chromium installed [https://download-chromium.appspot.com/]:
2. Copy the NativeMessagingHosts folder with its contents (i.e. using the Finder or paste this one line command in the Terminal app):

sudo mkdir -p /Library/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts; sudo cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Chromium/NativeMessagingHosts/com.presenta* /Library/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/

If you don't have Chrome/Chromium installed:
2. Download the following file and unzip (double click) it in your user "Downloads" folder:
http://www.igetter.net/igetter_messaging_host.zip

This file points to the "/Applications/iGetter 2.9.5/" folder. If you update iGetter or it's installed somewhere else, then you need to edit that file (it's in plain text) with the path to where iGetter is installed. To avoid problems with iGetter updates, we recommend you to install only iGetter app to your Applications folder, then edit the iGetter location in the unzipped json file.

Then in your Terminal app issue the following one line command:

sudo mkdir -p /Library/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts; sudo cp ~/Downloads/com.presenta* /Library/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/

Opera developers have decided to use only the admin Library folder, so the above commands will ask you for your admin password.

To disable iGetter integration temporarily (until you enable it or at browser restart), use contextual menu command "iGetter" > "Disable Integration". This command takes effect immediately.

Regards,
iGetter Support

[Update 10/26/2017]: Updated igetter_messaging_host.zip file to point to iGetter 2.9.5 folder as well as explanation to update unzipped file manually.

05-14-2016 09:33 PM

Posted by:
Wonko93

Find more posts by Wonko93

That did the trick! Thank you so much!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply