< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-02-2016 05:29 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

iGetter v2.9.4 works fine on macOS 10.12 Sierra, except the following glitches:

1. Sierra introduces a new security feature called AppTranslocation. This means that if you copy iGetter v2.9.4 FOLDER from the installation dmg to your Applications folder, then macOS Sierra will copy iGetter app to a randomized temp folder and start it from there (i.e. this may cause iGetter Dock icon to become a question mark [ ? ] or integration with browsers may not work). To avoid this behavior, when you install iGetter, open the installation DMG, then open the iGetter v2.9.4 folder and copy ONLY the iGetter app to your Applications.

Installation on Sierra in one line:
Open iGetter2.9.4.dmg > open iGetter v2.9.4 folder > copy only the iGetter app to your Applications folder.

2. iGetter extension disappears when you restart Safari 10. This is true for all extensions distributed outside the Extensions Gallery. The workaround is to install some extension from the Gallery (https://safari-extensions.apple.com/). Then if you wish, turn that extension off (but don't uninstall it) in Safari Preferences > Extensions.
Now when you install iGetter extension it will no longer disappear (to reinstall it, turn off, then on "Install iGetter Browser Extension" in the iGetter Tools menu).

Regards,
iGetter Support

Update: iGetter v2.9.5 solves the above two issues.

08-19-2016 06:12 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Update: This workaround is not required any longer, since iGetter v2.9.5 already fixed the above issues.

11-14-2016 02:15 PM

Posted by:
Garry M

Find more posts by Garry M

I've tried both of the suggestions and neither work on my MacBook Pro.
iGetter does work fine under Sierra on both my iMac and MacMini though.

11-14-2016 02:21 PM

Posted by:
Garry M

I should have added that this is using iGetter 2.9.5.

11-15-2016 08:37 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

@Garry M
Please contact us at with exact steps to reproduce the problem. This thread is only for iGetter v2.9.4. Current v2.9.5 solves the above two issues.

If iGetter extension doesn't install when you click on the Safari "Trust" button, then you have another problem explained here:
http://igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1598

In short, all third-party apps that control your mouse, must be approved at System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Accessibility (i.e. enable BetterTouchTool). Then this issue will go away.

12-14-2016 03:42 PM

Posted by:
Garry M

Just to confirm, this is not solved for me in 2.9.5 with Mac OS X 10.12.2 on 2 out of 3 machines. Strangely the extension has installed fine on 1 machine.

I tried all the suggestions and finally the one that worked was using the keyboard shortcuts to Trust the extension.

12-15-2016 04:22 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

@Garry M,
There are two separate issues with Safari 10. On December 13, 2016, Apple issued Safari 10.0.2 that solved the problem explained in this thread, which iGetter v2.9.5 also overcame by a workaround. That problem is:
- When you install an extension shipped outside the Safari Extensions Gallery (such as iGetter Extension), it installs fine, but when you restart Safari the extension disappears.

Again, this thread is about that exact problem and iGetter v2.9.5 (as well as Safari 10.0.2) solves it.

There is ANOTHER problem described in another thread. It is:
- When Safari asks you to confirm that you trust the iGetter Extension and you click on the "Trust" button, iGetter Extension doesn't appear in Safari Extensions panel (the alert just closes and Safari Extensions panel is still blank).

iGetter can't solve this one, since it's a security measure from Apple that blocks your mouse (but not your keyboard) on some alerts when a third-party software controls the mouse (i.e. BetterTouchTool):
http://igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1598

Please, open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Accessibility panel and post here every app that is not switched on (i.e. BetterTouchTool). Then, please turn on all apps in that list and report if the problem disappears.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply