Speed limit per download file
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-01-2016 12:53 PM

Posted by:
Farshad Khoshkhui

Find more posts by Farshad Khoshkhui

Is it possible to enable speed limit on individual files? The use case is I have two downloads, which one is I need faster, so I'll limit the rest.

10-03-2016 07:53 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Currently, iGetter speed limit works on the whole queue. That limit is intended to allow other apps (i.e. Safari) to work properly when iGetter downloads.

However, you may achieve almost the same effect that you ask for, if you put the "fast" download first in the queue and set the number of segments of the other downloads to 1 (see Item Settings > Position and Number of Segments). This way "fast" download will use more connections than the other started downloads. You can also limit the number of connections per site in iGetter Preferences, Site Manager panel.

Another approach is to set to 1 the "Max simultaneous downloads" value at iGetter Preferences, General panel. Then set the "fast" download first in the queue (drag and drop it on top). It should complete faster, since it will use the whole bandwidth and then the second download will start.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply