Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Workaround Buggy FTP Servers (Configurable CWD Usage)
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-30-2016 06:00 AM

Posted by:
Sebby

Find more posts by Sebby

Hi.

Any way to (or any chance of future support for a) workaround for broken FTP servers, that expect the RETR command to specify a full path name, instead of a relative one following a CWD command, and fail otherwise? See curl's "--ftp-method" argument for what I mean, if unsure.

Example: http://www.freedomscientific.com/downloads/jaws shows only FTP links that standards-compliant clients can't use; curl will retrieve with "--ftp-method=nocwd".

Cheers,

Sabahattin

11-01-2016 09:06 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We tested some ftp downloads on that site and all of them worked fine with iGetter (both Mac and Windows version).

What error appears in the Segments tab panel when you start a download? You can also send the transfer log to our support email .

For FTP servers that return 550 error, see this thread:
http://igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1109

Thanks,
iGetter Support

11-08-2016 08:13 AM

Posted by:
Sebby

Find more posts by Sebby

Hi. Thanks for investigating.

I couldn't reproduce it now with iGetter for Mac 2.9.5, even though the FTP server was still affected (and Safari still fails). Test URL is ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/Tools/FSOcr14.0.851ENU.exe . iGetter works fine. It was so fast I couldn't even open up the transfer log, to see the FTP session.

Cheers,

Sabahattin

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply