Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Windows
Unable to download after changing the modem.
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-12-2016 12:48 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by Anthony

I am using iGetter v2.7.4 on my win 10, Lenovo Thinkpad laptop. I download videos often. I have been getting good speed.
For the past few days, the download gets cuts in between. I can't resume downloading, it starts to download from the start. I recently changed the modem (Smart RG ), it has a built in router. Could it be the problem of the modem? Or is it something with the iGetter software?
Please need your help to troubleshoot.

12-13-2016 06:28 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Without a download link for testing it's very hard to tell what causes your particular problem. Please, try some of the Apple downloads and see if the problem persists:

If Apple download stalls, then most probably you have a network problem.

A waiting/broken download that can't be resumed most probably means that the download URL or login session has expired. You can see the exact error in the Segments tab panel. To resume such download you may try to get a fresh URL from the same download site, then pause the download in iGetter, open its "Items Settings" dialog and paste the new download URL (replacing the existing one).

To avoid further problems with URLs that expires set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 100 000 KB. This way iGetter will not try to make new connections at least 100 MB from end of the file. Option will take effect with the newly added downloads only.

Also, you can increase to 120 sec. the "Timeout connection attempts after 'xx' sec." option at iGetter options, Connections panel.

It's important how you add download links to iGetter. Drag&drop (or copy&paste) usually works better with filesharing services.

Often login session may cause a problem. So, using your default browser login to the download site (make sure that "Remember me" checkbox is on, if there is such). Don't logout from that site until the download finishes.

iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply