Unfinished downloads or move after
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-25-2017 11:07 AM

Posted by:
Greg

Find more posts by Greg

I have another program that monitors my downloads directory to process downloaded files. Is there a way for iGetter to do one of the following:
1) While a download is in progress, add '_downloading' (or something similar) to the filename. When it completes, remove that text from the name.
2) Have the ability to download to one directory, and move to another directory after the download completes.

Without one of these solutions, it's impossible to perform post processing on my files.

Thanks for any info!

01-26-2017 06:42 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
First, you may try the Download Rules function (menu Tools), if you want to sort your downloads in separate folders. iGetter can sort downloads by file type, file size or site. Also, you can direct all finished downloads in a specific (temp) folder and use the other app to sort them. Preferably, temp folder should be on the same Volume.

Also, you can set a specific download folder for each download if you turn on "Open save dialog on new download" at iGetter Preferences > General panel.

There are some interesting solutions in this forum that use iGetter preferences > Advanced panel > "When download is finished scan for viruses" function. You can use a third-party app (i.e. antivirus) to process the finished file. Instead of antivirus check, this solution here quits iGetter when a download finishes:
http://igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1499

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply