iGetter to work with Opera 49
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-14-2017 12:02 AM

Posted by:
David Brook

Find more posts by David Brook

Tried all the steps recommended for Chrome and for Opera, after deleting everything and starting from scratch.

Everything looks OK. File in /Library/Google/... exists and points to the correct directory in Applications.

Desperate to get this to work interception download links; it's slightly slower than Folx (which works as it should), but the GUI is (to my perception) better and I prefer iGetter to Folx.

It used to work, then it stopped working and I can't figure out why, or get it working again

Where to from here?

10-18-2017 08:35 AM

Posted by:
David Brook

UPDATE:

After submitting this query, I got an email from a support staff saying

10-18-2017 08:37 AM

Posted by:
David Brook

that 'the matter would certainly be looked into'. That response was also posted to the thread, but it has now been removed. Would someone oplease explain to me why it was removed and what has been done to resolve the problem with Opera Beta 49?

10-22-2017 02:34 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Your other post is at the end of this thread: https://igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1603

Please post your comments to the thread for Opera browser, which is here:
https://igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1629

Note that the file "igetter_messaging_host.zip" mentioned in that thread, currently points to the "/Applications/iGetter 2.9.4/" folder. There is a note that if iGetter is somewhere else, then you should update the unziped json (plain text) file. If you don't know how to do that, just rename your "iGetter 2.9.5" folder to "iGetter 2.9.4". Unfortunately, iGetter path is hard coded, so we have to update all such files mentioned in this forum. Thanks, for letting us know about this.

I just tested Opera 49.0.2725.23 Beta and it work properly with iGetter 2.9.5.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply