< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-31-2002 10:53 AM

Posted by:
Chi

Find more posts by Chi

Hi,

I was wondering whether there was a way to configure iGetter so that it would not attempt multiple downloads from the same server but still attempt to download from multiple servers. If this is not currently a feature will it be implemented in a future version?

Thanks,

Chi

02-01-2002 09:55 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Chi,
You can set the Default number of segments to 1 in the Acceleration preferences of iGetter, that every new download will be added with one segment for downloading.
To use more than one server for downloading a file, just push the Search button in the Mirrors Transfer Details Tab. If this download has server mirrors found in the iGetter Search Center in this table they will appear. Choose any or all of them by checking their check box.

In the future versions of iGetter we plan to include manual adding of server mirrors.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-02-2002 12:16 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for not being clear enough, when I wrote "multiple servers," but I did not mean mirrors. To make things more clear, here is an example of what I am trying to do:

1) queue for d/l: file1.mp3, file 2.mp3 from server 1.2.3.4
2) queue for d/l: file3.mp3 from server 5.6.7.8
3) set number of simulaneous downloads to 2
4) [configure iGetter to not allow more than one download per server]
5) start automatic downloading of the queue
6) iGetter starts d/l of file1.mp3 and file3.mp3 and waits to d/l file2.mp3 because already one connection to 1.2.3.4

An example of a Macintosh program that can do this is HeftyFTP; however, it can only do these for FTP connections (up to 4).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chi

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply