spinning wheel
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-01-2002 12:38 PM

Posted by:
luc

Find more posts by luc

after startup of igetter and countdown of the shareware requester i get half a minute of the rainbow wheel and igetter does not react to mouseclicks. this might be a roblem of classic running big apps but i dont know. could reproduce the behaviour. after that everything works fine.

btw. download starts immediately though the shareware requester is still counting down. nice!

another thing: the chart view: what amount of data does a "bubble" stand for?

btw my first d/l (>500 MB) worked as promised. i had multiple broken segments over some hours but igetter managed to solve all problems on itself. cool!

02-02-2002 07:16 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Luc,
iGetter for MacOS X is a native MacOS X program. This is the first report for long starting of iGetter.

Every drop in the Transfer Details chart represents a 4KB piece of your download. The blue drops are already downloaded pieces of a download, the white are still not downloaded and the red drops represent the current downloading place of every download segment.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-05-2002 03:30 PM

Posted by:
luc

Find more posts by luc

seems to be irreproducible

igetter starts up quickly again now.
i suspect MS IE being the problem (as i always would :-)

had some broken downloads since, turned off browser integration therefore. but still use igetter for the bigger ones. still i feel it is not that reliable for small files to use it all the time. maybe i should change the minimal segment size?

luc

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply