iGetter never really quits
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-15-2001 12:31 PM

Posted by:
jfreyba

Find more posts by jfreyba

Even when you quit iGetter, a background applcation named 'iGetter click catcher' remains opened. You cannot quit it but restarting (or using the 'akua' script command 'abbort inmediately')... Why?

06-15-2001 02:41 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
iGetter Click Catcher is a background application that only looks for the Netscape Navigator/Communicator clicks on the hyperlinks. It is launched all the time, because iGetter needs information about launching and quitting Netscape Navigator/Communicator application.

If you don't want to catch clicks in Netscape Navigator/Communicator, you can throw to trash 'iGetter Click Catcher', restart the computer, and then delete the trash.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-15-2001 04:06 PM

Posted by:
jfreyba

Find more posts by jfreyba

Thanks for replying. Besides this 'minor' bug, iGetter is a really fast and stable download manager. I always use it, because my 56k modem works better when I pause current downloadings for checking mail, and then reassume them without any damage. I had some crashes in quitting with the former version, but this new one works really fine.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply