More praise and more suggestions
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-16-2001 05:25 AM

Posted by:
Richard Barnett

Find more posts by Richard Barnett

iGetter looks great and works really well (though I haven't yet used it in anger).

I suggest that the "New URL" dialog should allow entry of URLs longer than 255 characters.

Does iGetter accept cookies? (I can't test this while the 255-char limit for URLs exists.) The reason I ask is that some sites (eg mp3.com) require certain cookies to have been set for downloads to occur.

So if iGetter could accept cookies (and even better, save them -- or better still, use Netscape's cookies?) then I think it would probably be the perfect download tool for me.

Cheers

-- Richard

06-18-2001 06:39 AM

Posted by:
Neuroman

Find more posts by Neuroman

Cookies

By the way, the iGetter actually works with MP3.com, but it needs some "wizardry". You need to click on "download" link in mP3.com page, then the mp3 file will be opened in the current window by QucikTime Plugin. You should cancel that download, and copy the actual URL from the address bar. Ctrl-Click & "Copy This Link Location" doesnt work with mp3.com & iGetter (Not to mention that there's the same situation with GetRight for Windows. No probs with Netscape)

Note: iGetter actually refuses to finish mp3.com downloads -it downloads the full file, but probably won't recognize EOF command (or whatever there it is) and starts trying to connect again & again. I don't think it does concern iGetter at all - maybe mp3.com needs to re-think their CGI donwload scheme

06-18-2001 04:02 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
If you have more than 255 characters in a URL you can use Paste function in Edit menu when the Main window of iGetter is active.

We plan to include cookies support in the future.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply