Integration not 100%
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-16-2002 06:56 AM

Posted by:
A. Sheltawy

Find more posts by A. Sheltawy

While iGetter kicked in with most downloads so far, I cannot get it to work with one specific one and I am wondering if there is something I am missing. I have widened the choice of extensions and even attempted to carry out the download via clipboard monitoring. In the latter case it simply downloads a 295 kB stump and finishes. The case in question is Norton Antivirus via a Digital River site. The file weighs at 18.7 MB and my ISP always interrupts connection after a maximum of one hour irrespective. It is not possible to do a file of this size without iGetter using the internal 56 kbs modem and IE5. The url reads as follows if you can find any clues there.
http://spf.digitalriver.com/...
I should be grateful for a response since I paid for the stupid file. Thanks

04-18-2002 09:24 AM

Posted by:
A. Sheltawy

Find more posts by A. Sheltawy

Integration not 100%

I am informed by Symantec that their site does not allow download management software (like iGetter) to operate. So it is not so much a problem of iGetter after all. I was not aware that some sites can do this, are all your users similarly aware?

04-22-2002 09:26 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
We know from our experience that the digitalriver.com server doesn't support resuming. So every modem disconnection will cause your download to start from the beginning. (If you want you can write to digitalriver.com to allow resuming of their server that you can download NAV with your browser).

Currently iGetter can't download from digitalriver.com. To download from this site with your browser instead of iGetter, make sure that you have switched off the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' function of iGetter in the Tools menu. Also it's important before switching this function to 'Quit' all opened browsers.

We will make everything possible that the iGetter users can download from the digitalriver.com site.

Regards,
iGetter Support

PS: We've hidden the URL in your post.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply