< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-19-2002 02:46 AM

Posted by:
Bernd Maedicke

Find more posts by Bernd Maedicke

Hi,

iGetter 1.8 have a problem with long filenames under OS X. When I download a file with a long name then cut off iGetter the filename and save this file with the cut off name to the disk.
Please fix this problem.

04-22-2002 09:37 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Bernd,
Thank you for your report.

The long file names support requires a big reconstruction in iGetter and we plan to include this feature in the future major release of iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-30-2002 04:20 PM

Posted by:
bewebste

Find more posts by bewebste

Speaking of OS X filenames, could you also make sure to handle extensions correctly in the next release? For example, if I try to download something a second time, say it's called "foo.sit", iGetter will download the second file to "foo.sit 1", but since OS X uses file extensions, this should really be something along the lines of "foo 1.sit" instead.

10-20-2002 10:22 AM

Posted by:
eno

Find more posts by eno

I for one cannot wait for long filename support.

It is the one thing that stops me from using (and therefore buying) iGetter.

I am required to download a lot of lengthily-named files and as such I am forced to use wget, even though I would rather use the nice GUI of iGetter.

10-21-2002 06:46 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
The issue about automatic renaming of duplicated files is already solved in v1.9 as well as included partially support of long file names. In this version long file name will become 32 characters file ending with the file extension.

Version 1.9 will be posted at the end of this or at the latest in the next week.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply