Network error: -5000
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-26-2002 02:00 PM

Posted by:
Fritz Gutwein

Find more posts by Fritz Gutwein

I get the error below in the "Transfer Details" box each time I try to download something with iGetter.

The 'Item Settings...' menu item is browned out when I try to choose it with the file(s) in question selected.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling iGetter, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Fritz

--------

"Network error: -5000 The local file download is missing, or used by another thread or cannot be created. Please try to select a new location for the file with 'Item Settings...' menu command."

04-27-2002 11:35 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Fritz,
The reported problem may arise if you have not enough HD space. iGetter creates the file downloads with the entire size at the beginning of downloading. We recommend you to check for enough space on your HD, before starting of any download.

Also, the 'Item Settings' function is disabled when the download is in progress. You can Pause the download and then you will be able to change the Item settings.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-27-2002 01:26 PM

Posted by:
Fritz Gutwein

I have plenty of disk space.....

I have plenty of disk space, over a gig left......

I have backed up my HD and restored it to a renamed disc, could that present a problem?

04-29-2002 05:47 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Fritz,
It is possible, when you change the name of your HD or restore your HD from a backup, iGetter to lose the file location of all queued downloads. This is because OS X has changed the FSSpec identification of every file on the disk.
To solve this problem just delete all files in the iGetter queue without deleting the local downloaded files. (Delete only the iGetter queue listing). Then find the real file downloads on your HD and double click on them. The 'Recover lost download' window will appear asking you to add this file to the iGetter queue.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-30-2002 10:44 AM

Posted by:
Fritz Gutwein

Network error: -5000

I don't have any locally downloaded files on my HD. I deleted all in the que and moved them to another location.

I get this error when I try to download a new file.

Any other suggestions?

Fritz

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply