iGetter X not like 9 version????
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-26-2002 09:43 PM

Posted by:
iZoe

Find more posts by iZoe

I'm currently evaluating iGetter for both 9 and X. In 9, when I click the right button of my mouse (Cntrl-Click) I have a menu (contexual menu plug-in) that shows "download with iGetter". In some cases iGetter for 9 has been known to self-launch and "capture" downloads.
This doesn't seem to be the case with iGetter for X. At least no contexual menu plugin was automatically installed (like in 9). There were some support files I put in the Contexual Menu folder but that resulted in an iGetter error message. iGetter doesn't even "capture" downloads I click on. iGetter just sits there, doing nothing in X. I have on occasion been able to drag files from IE's download manger to the iGetter window, but come on, that's a clunky way to use iGetter for X. I don't get it! What I'm I dong wrong? I can't find any helpful info in the Read Me n' such files.
Thanks! iZoe

04-27-2002 11:49 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello iZoe,
Currently iGetter for OS X doesn't support contextual menu function 'Download with iGetter' as in the MacOS version. In the next versions we will add such a possibility, but for now you can use the browsers contextual function 'Copy link to clipboard' which will add the requested hyperlink to the iGetter queue. This function requires iGetter to be started first and the extension of your download to be added in the list of extensions intercepted by iGetter (see Integration preferences of iGetter).
In addition if you switch on the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' function in the iGetter Tools menu, iGetter will intercept automatically all files with extensions listed in the iGetter Integration preferences. It is important to 'Quit' all opened browsers before switching this function.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply