iGetter doesn't grab.
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-03-2002 11:14 AM

Posted by:
Brian Hope

Find more posts by Brian Hope

On several occasions when trying to download Mac upgrades and also Hold-up upgrades (Appleworks 6.2.4 in particular) when launching the download iGetter states that is has grabbed the download, but. Though the adress initially shows in iGetter along with "connecting" the items just disappears without making the download. Any idea why?

05-04-2002 11:26 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Brian,
Thank you for your post.
It seems that there is a problem when you push the 'Download' button in the ApleWorks page. The browser gives an incorrect URL to iGetter and it can't download the real file. We will try to solve this problem if it is possible.
Try to copy the URL in the browser window when the page ''The download was caught by iGetter....' appears.
Or use this direct URL to ApleWorks 6.2.4 for OS X/English:
http://a1408.g.akamai.net/7/1408/1388/20020328/akamai.info.apple.com/AppleWorks/us/osx/AppleWorks_6.2.4.smi.bin

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-18-2002 06:19 AM

Posted by:
John Tweddell

Find more posts by John Tweddell

iGetter does not grab

I have the same problem when I try to download Apple softerware (itunes 3 at the moment)
It seems to try to download a html file and the says Status: Broken - any advice? John Tweddell

08-30-2002 12:42 PM

Posted by:
david

Find more posts by david

solution

in situation like this I use omniweb and have the network activity window open . when omni grabs the download i copy and paste the actual download address from the net activity windown into a new download with iGetta . then stop the omni download .
this should work

09-09-2002 03:04 PM

Posted by:
John

Find more posts by John

iGetter not grabbing apple downloads

This seems to be consistent problem with the Apple site (eg iTunes, AppleWorks updates etc.) The iGetter window briefly displays the address then it disappears. I have tried the advice to copy the URL from the Explorer address bar, but when I paste into iGetter, I get the message "URL already in queue" so this doesn't help. So the address seems to be somewhere in iGetter, but it can't make use of it. I will try the opera browser, and then paste into iGetter as suggested. I can't make use of the URL suggested in your support as I use the UK English version of AppleWorks.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply