download usually stops before the end
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-08-2002 04:15 AM

Posted by:
bM

Find more posts by bM

I'm using iGetter for about a month now. In the first times I had no problems at all, it worked just great. Then about two weeks ago something happened, and nearly all dowloads stops before the very end of the file and iGetter is unable to finish it or close the file. If I download the same file from the browser it works fine. I tried to unistall the app and than install again but nothing changed... I use an unregistered version of iGetter sofar, maybe this could be the problem?

05-09-2002 04:21 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
We have a similar report immediately after including the segmented downloading in iGetter.
First of all make sure that you have properly configured the iGetter preferences:
1. Go to Acceleration Preferences panel and set your connection type.
2. Decrease the 'Default number of segments' in Acceleration panel to 2 or better 1.

We will be thankful for your reply with the type of connection you use and the error that the download server returns when iGetter can't finish a file. You can see this information selecting the download then opening the Transfer Details sub-window select the 'Segments' tab and then select the first segment. You will see all requests and responses which iGetter sends and receives with the download server. This information will help us to find the reason for your problem.

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-10-2002 01:40 AM

Posted by:
bM

Find more posts by bM

Hello,

thanks for the ideas. I have sent an e-mail with the required details!

[bM]

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply