< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-10-2002 07:04 PM

Posted by:
Luis Sousa

Find more posts by Luis Sousa

Hello,

I've been a registered iGetter user for a while and up until now everything went fine - thank to Presenta hard work, I'm sure - but now I'm under the impression that iGetter's plug-in is malfunctioning, I explain, each time I try to download a file the plug-in grabs the url, opens iGetter's main window but the downloading process doesn't start! Ah, obviously all my downloads are programmed to start immediately. I'm forced to push the browser's back button and only then iGetter catches the url and begins to download. I don't know if this is a known bug or if it is a bug at all, what I know is that the whole thing is making me nervous, I keep doing the same thing on and on. This annoying procedure keeps happening with all the browsers iGetter supports. The only way to avoid this is to add an url manually.
You wouldn't have any answer for this, would you? I'd appreciate any help given. Thanks in advance to all iGetter's users and specially Presenta's support team.

Luis
Portugal
G4 733Mhz - 640Mb RAM
Mac OS 10.1.4 Eng US

05-11-2002 10:09 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Luis,
The reported problem may arise in several situations which we will describe here.
1. You may have more than one instances of iGetter installed on your computer. In this case the installed browser plug-in can't work correctly.
You must remove all redundant copies of iGetter installed on your computer.
2. The iGetter browser plug-in is installed from an old version of iGetter or the extensions listed in the iGetter Integration preferences are different with this in the installed plug-in.
To solve this you must 'Quit' all opened browsers. Then turn OFF and then again ON the iGetter 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools function.

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-11-2002 06:31 PM

Posted by:
Luis Sousa

Find more posts by Luis Sousa

Plug-in mulfunction?

Hello,

thanks for your support. Indeed, I think it was the 2nd option (" The iGetter browser plug-in is installed from an old version of iGetter") I bought iGetter 1.5 or 1,6 I don't remember and from then on I've been updating the plug-in each time a new version came along. I did what you said and now the problem is gone.
Again, thank you.

Best regards to you all.

Luis
Portugal

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply