Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
how to get resume to work
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-12-2002 05:49 PM

Posted by:
Richard Sutor

Find more posts by Richard Sutor

I am running a G4 with the internal 56k modem. My phone lines are not that good so the modem rarely gets up past 26. Right now I am trying to download two massive files (over 50megs each) which are softrware updates from Macromind. Usng Internet Exporer the download takes almost 6 hours and stops at about 90%.

I downloaded you program when I saw it could restart a broken download. I tried it this evening and apparantly do not know how to make this work. I paused the download and when I resumed the file zeroed out and started all over again.

Marcomind has given me until Monday to get these files and then my link will disappear. How do I get igetter to help me get these massive files?

06-13-2002 12:39 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Richard,
As we've posted several times about this topic, the problem you've reported is related to the ability of download servers to resume or not the downloads hosted on them. iGetter has a table column named Resume. There you can see if the server supports resuming and if "yes" you can freely pause and resume this download. But if there is written "No", every disconnection from this server will cause starting of the download from the beginning.

In the last case the only solution is to ask the Marcomind to allow resuming of their download server as the more download servers do.

iGetter Support

06-13-2002 12:54 PM

Posted by:
Richard Sutor

Find more posts by Richard Sutor

Thank you

Support Person
Thank you for this rapid response. Also thank you for the kind way in which you noted that this is an item that others have posted.

I have not yet sent in my shareware fee but the way in which you gently helped a new user insures that I will be keeping and paying for this program.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply