iGetter can't see the internet connection
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-15-2002 04:24 PM

Posted by:
juniorMac

Find more posts by juniorMac

well, the topic explains it all - iGetter is the only app not seeing my internet connection. Whenever i try to sownloa something with it, it turns the download status into 'Waiting...', and in the info it says that the network connection is down. Is there any kind of a log in which i could check what went wrong ? I'm using X.1.5, cable modem via ethernet port.

06-17-2002 05:59 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
iGetter uses the reported from the OS X Network port to test the connection to the Internet. You may configure your Ethernet cable connection as prior from the System Preferences->Network->Active Network ports-> Set first the cable connection.

You may also switch off the 'Test connection status' in the iGetter Connections preferences to tell iGetter to not test any available PPP modem connection.

If for any reason this problem persists, please contact us by email with more details about your computer configuration.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-17-2002 08:47 AM

Posted by:
juniorMac

Find more posts by juniorMac

turning 'Test connection status' off did the trick
strange anyway, why would this stop the app from downloading... i'm not using PPP, and the ethernet port is the only one turned on

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply