downloads "locked" on pause
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-30-2002 02:37 AM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

Got a problem maybe someone can help me with.

I am using version 1.8 and have a problem where a lot of my downloads go fine for a while and then go through a phase of "waiting" and trying to resume. The server does resume and says so in the "resume" column. However, after a random number of resumes, sometimes 20 sometimes 40 sometimes 70( never the same number) the download goes to pause and cannot be resumed. The only way to get the download going again is to restart from the begining. Very annoying.
Even when igetter is shut down and restarted the download always says paused and needs to be restarted.
this problem was never encountered on the older versions (1.5 and 1.7) and has happened with different type of files and on numerous different servers.
Anyone got any idea.

Thanx

07-01-2002 05:32 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Mark,
Eventual crash of your system or a power fail can cause losing of downloaded data for all downloads in progress. iGetter has an option named 'Auto save queue every '#' minutes' in the 'Other' preferences of iGetter (in all prior to 1.8 versions this option is placed in the 'General' preferences panel). Decreasing the number of minutes will also decrease probability of an eventual loss of a downloaded file data.

Another cause for starting your download at the beginning, may become a changed date or size of the file. In this case iGetter will show you a dialog for retrying or starting the download from the beginning.

We will be thankful if you send to us a URL for testing.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply