Streaming Multimedia
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-11-2001 03:36 AM

Posted by:
Daniel D.

Find more posts by Daniel D.

Are there any plans to let iGetter assign a helper application like Quicktime Player to view multimedia files as they are downloading, similar to what you could do with the Napster client? Unless I'm missing something, I have to wait until after they are fully downloaded to view mov's or mp3's.

Other than that, my compliments to the chef.

08-11-2001 03:16 AM

Posted by:
Jason

Find more posts by Jason

You can watch the movie as soon as it starts downloading if it is embedded in a web page, or if you go into QT player and enter the URL there - except then you can't resume it if the download stops part way...

Well, actually you can, I think. Try this - Start watching a movie download in the QT player, but quit part-way through. Now go into Sherlock (I've only done this with Sherlock 2) and search for "temp". There should be a rather large file called QTPluginTemp or something, in a folder on the startup disk, but you can't see the folder. Drag the file from Sherlock to the desktop, and you MIGHT be able to resume the download from this file - I've used this technique to get a copy of the Lord of the Rings trailer on my HD. You still can't alter it, but it saves downloading it every time you want to watch it...

=)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply