iGetter won't grab tgz files!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-06-2002 10:17 AM

Posted by:
Alan

Find more posts by Alan

Every time I try to download tgz files Explorer takes them despite the iGetter plug-in being selected in the prefs.
What should I do to correct this problem?

07-08-2002 10:40 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Alan,
Tgz files are listed in the extensions which iGetter intercepts in your browser by default. iGetter will not intercept a tgz file if the download server returns an invalid MIME type response.

Another case is if you have excluded and then again included 'tgz' in the iGetter Integration extensions list. The installed browsers plug-in may not be replaced properly if your browser is started at this time. To solve this quit all opened browsers and then switch off and again on the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools function.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-08-2002 04:40 PM

Posted by:
Alan

Find more posts by Alan

Thankyou for your response.
Unfortunately your suggestion did not work.
The only way I can get iGetter to download these files is to launch the application and copy the link to the clipboard. I wonder if this info gives you any more insight into the problem? As for the mime type I have no idea but here is the url I tried to download maybe you could try it and see if you have any luck?

http://wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/nph-reg3rdpty1.pl/product=00149&platform=osx&method=sa/NativeAssault.tgz

Alan

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply