igetter and Opera
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-11-2002 04:21 AM

Posted by:
twopeak

Find more posts by twopeak

if I put it as "use an external download manager" my files are never downloaded...

how do I install it correctly?

08-14-2002 06:42 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
Opera uses the "OpenURL" protocol for interoperability, inherited from the first known browser "NCSA Mosaic". We plan to include this protocol and respectively to integrate iGetter for OS X with Opera browser.

For now iGetter for OS X integrates well with IE and Mozilla 1.0.

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-12-2002 07:55 AM

Posted by:
BjarneDM

Find more posts by BjarneDM

contextual menu

Opera displayes the contextual menu, and activates the iGetter dialogue, *but* no URLs are transferred to iGetter.

Is this an issue with Opera or iGetter ???

a satisfied user :-)
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
KĂžbenhavn ; Danmark ; Europa

12-14-2002 04:47 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello BjarneDM,
In Opera you will see only the contextual menu function "Download all with iGetter". It's also called "Process Web Page" and it will allow you to add multiple URLs from a given Web page.

We recommend you to use the integrated in Opera feature for using an external download manager. Opera 6.0 final release now recognizes iGetter as an external download manager and works just fine with iGetter. We recommend you if you plan to use Opera as your favorite browser to switch off the iGetter Tools function 'Integrate with Internet browsers'. Instead go to the Opera "Programs and Paths" preferences and choose iGetter as an external download manager.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply