ftp downloads of sf2 files from thesoundsite.net
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-30-2002 12:49 PM

Posted by:
david

Find more posts by david

hi . I cannot get iGetta to start ftp downloads from the above site .it just gives the download broken message .
I have tried creating usernames and passwords from the download address but seems like there are none given .
I have emailed the site who reply that The path and name and password change with each soundfont, iGetta should be
passed the information from our server.

I can start these downloads from omniweb and opera but not explorer .

any suggestions appreciatted .

08-30-2002 01:13 PM

Posted by:
david

Find more posts by david

solved

from another post <It seems that you've tried to download from FTP servers using the ACTIVE mode of downloading. Often this downloading can be stopped from a firewall or proxy, so we recommend you to set up your FTP configuration to PASSIVE mode of downloading.
You can do that from the iGetter Proxy preferences pushing the 'Proxy settings' button. In the Network control panel show the appropriate Internet interface and choose the 'Proxies' tab. Now check the 'Use passive FTP mode (PASV)' option<

06-08-2003 11:53 AM

Posted by:
Brendan Townsend

Find more posts by Brendan Townsend

The Not-So-"Sound" site

Having responded to their advert for a sound-font CD set, and paid them $49 via paypal, two months and some Emails later I have heard nothing. The money was taken alright, but there seems to be no-one who wants to follow-up Emailed enquiries to requests for refund, a CD set, or some word of what is happening.

Trying to get access to the site is fruitless as it appears to be down completely.

This is just a stark warning to others who might like to buy their CD set and get fraudulently duped into paying to receive nothing.

Just to be clear... The site in question is http://www.thesoundsite.net.

08-01-2003 10:37 PM

Posted by:
John

Find more posts by John

Seems Down

"Thesoundsite.net" is down.

It has been down for weeks, probably because the system
administrator couldn't pay for the webspace.

I doubt it will reopen, but you might wish to try
hammersite for your soundfonts.

08-28-2003 07:24 AM

Posted by:
Composer

Find more posts by Composer

Indeed thesoundsite is down and i have downloaded a lot from this site and research another site where i could find sf2 files.
Do you know something?

09-05-2003 02:39 PM

Posted by:
Freddy

Find more posts by Freddy

i dont know any site as good as was http://www.thesoundsite.net/ to download sf2 on the web

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply