< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-08-2002 02:01 AM

Posted by:
Eric

Find more posts by Eric

Hello,
I have Mac OS 10.2 installed on my white 500 MHz iBook with 384 MB of physical RAM installed. I am using iGetter for Mac OS X version 1.8. I for the most part do my browsing with IE 5.2.2. In the Preferences>Integration, I have selected to have iGetter watch for clicks in internet browsers. However, 2 out of 10 times when downloading from File Planet, iGetter will miss the link that I'm clicking on and IE will do the downloading for me via the Download Manager. Anyway to ensure that iGetter does all my downloads for me?

10-08-2002 05:55 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Eric,
We've made some tests with the File Planet, but curiously their free download servers have maximum users and a refreshing page shows your current line number, before to be able to download. In such situation it is very possible instead of the download file, iGetter to download this ad notification page.

Other possible reason that IE starts the download instead of iGetter is that the extension of the file which you want to download is not in the list of extensions at the Integration preferences (by default they are: sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz). You may see what type of files IE starts to download and add them to the iGetter list of extensions.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-28-2002 12:10 AM

Posted by:
timothy

Find more posts by timothy

it might be a better idea to try fileshack.com which is the download end of shacknews formerly know as shugashack. i have had no problems with using igetter and they carry most of the demos and many other files that are often on file planet. what;s more, the bandwith is better if you are not subscribed to the file planet pay service. try it out. it works for me.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply