File Types
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-10-2002 07:58 AM

Posted by:
Dana Higbee

Find more posts by Dana Higbee

Since upgrading to OS 10.2.1, iGetter is now trying to download files I haven't given it permission to download. Specifically, it's activating every time I try to click on a RealPlayer file link. (I've also downloaded the most recent beta of RealPlayer 9.0.0.213). Yes, I've rechecked my preferences, and tried resetting them a few times, but this hasn't helped.

I've had to change iGetter settings to watch for links in the clip board, rather than to activate automatically. I really need this issue fixed!

Thanks for any suggestions.

10-10-2002 08:00 AM

Posted by:
Dana Higbee

Find more posts by Dana Higbee

I thought I'd add that I'm using Netscape 7.0.

10-14-2002 07:12 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Dana,
To turn off the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' iGetter Tools function first quit all opened browsers. Then switch off the function. Now iGetter will not intercept your clicks. You may also make sure that the RealPlayer extensions (ra, ram, rv, rpm) are not listed in the iGetter Integration preferences.

Also check if the iGetter plug-in is uninstalled properly and it's not associated with any extension in the Netscape 7.0 (check from the Netscape menu Help/About Plug-ins...). Instead the RealPlayer plug-in must be listed there. You may see also this RealPlayer FAQ's page http://service.real.com/help/faq/rp8/configrp8mac.html.

Then if you wish you can again switch on the iGetter 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools function (first you must quit all opened browsers). But only for the extensions listed in the iGetter Integration preferences (by default they are: sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz).

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-19-2002 11:59 PM

Posted by:
Hamish

Find more posts by Hamish

File Types

I'm trying to download a file from the iGetter site that has the extension(s?) .part01.rar

the file size is 2.6 MB, yet it has taken nearly 3 hours so far, and is 75% there....

When clicking the link in Explorer, a text file opens in a new window.... it will not download unless i open iGetter first.

Q1: what file type is this? I mean, what can i expect if i manage to download it and open it? (any suggestions what to open it with appreciated).

Q2: why so slow? Explorer downloads 2.6MB in about 9 or 10 minutes.

thanks

10-21-2002 07:03 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Hamish,
By default 'rar' extension is not included in the extensions which iGetter will intercept in your browser. To correctly add this extension in the iGetter Integration preferences first quit all opened browsers. Then add the extension and click OK. If the extension is already in the iGetter Integration preferences you can quit browsers and switch off then again on the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools function. If any browser is started during the iGetter plug-in installation it may not be installed correctly.

In the iGetter Search Center you can also use the drag and drop function as well as clicking on the link to add download URLs in iGetter.

Regarding your second question fist check if you have set properly your connection type in the iGetter Acceleration preferences. Also check if the "Obey Speed Limit" Downloads menu function is turned off.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply