Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Why does iGetter launch when clicking websites?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-08-2002 08:49 PM

Posted by:
William L Beecroft

Find more posts by William L Beecroft

Every time I click a website in MacSurfer iGetter launches and starts downloading a bunch of nonsense I'm not interested in. It works fine at VersionTracker, but pops up when just clicking to go to another site???? I've checked the prefs. and they are exactly the same as I used in Sys. 9.2.2 where everything worked as it should.

Am currently using Sys. 10.2.1 on eMac with iGetter 1.8.

Anybody help????

Bill

11-09-2002 11:14 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Bill,
We've checked MacSurfer site using IE and it works fine even with iGetter integration switched on.

You may try to switch off and then again on the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools function. You must quit all opened browsers before switching this function. Also before switching verify all Integration preferences of iGetter if there are not listed 'html', 'cfm', 'php' and other web page extensions. Only file extensions as: sit, bin, zip, gz, etc. must be listed here.

You can help us more if you tell us what browser you use.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-10-2002 05:45 PM

Posted by:
Bill

Find more posts by Bill

Thanks

Thanks for your help. Am using Mozilla 1.2B as a browser. I followed your instructions and turned off some of the download categories and it seems to be working well now. Don't know quite yet which particular culprit was causing the trouble.

Thanks Again,

Bill

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply