Quits when deleting items in queue
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-15-2002 05:48 PM

Posted by:
Bp

Find more posts by Bp

After a download is done, the status indicates 'finished'. When I try deleting one or many such items, apple key and delete key, the program quits. Any better way to clean the queue from finished files other that using the automatic 'delete when finished¨option?

11-16-2002 12:33 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We already solved a bug that sometimes crashes iGetter on removing files from the queue. The new version 1.9 includes this fix.

Please write on our support email with more information about your system if you use iGetter v1.9.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-20-2003 06:12 PM

Posted by:
Randy Liefer

Find more posts by Randy Liefer

Quits when deleting items in queue

I have version 1.9 and my program quits every time I use the "Delete Download..." item in the Edit menu. I've reinstalled several times. The only way I've been able to get rid of old downloads is to delete the "Downloads" file in the Preferences folder. Speaking of which... the Preferences folder is not deleted in your Uninstall process so the first few times I reinstalled the software, all the old downloads still showed up. The Uninstall should delete all traces of the software's presence on the computer including the Preferences folder.

01-21-2003 05:58 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Randy,
Thank you for your report.

The bug with deleting is already in the iGetter bug list for solving. It seems this is a problem with saving of the preferences, especially when you have upgraded from v1.8 to v1.9 or if for some reason the preferences file is not saved properly. There is a very similar thread about this problem. You can read it to find out how to reinstall the iGetter and its preferences on OS X:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=311

Regarding the iGetter uninstaller, it's not a common practice to have any uninstaller on Mac. This make the platform unique in comparison with Windows for example. But the method of searching and deleting all components starting with 'iGetter' will not work in this case. iGetter installs specific component named browser plug-in (if you choose so). The 'Uninstall iGetter' application will uninstall all iGetter components (incl. iGetter browser plug-in and iGetter contextual menu plug-in) and will restore completely the Internet File Helper preferences to their default state. Then you can upgrade to any new version of iGetter and use your old queue or if you want to completely remove iGetter you can delete the iGetter application folder and iGetter preferences from the Home/Library/Preferences.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply