Unregistered Version again!!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-06-2002 01:26 PM

Posted by:
Gareth Hughes

Find more posts by Gareth Hughes

I have installed iGetter 1.9 to replace 1.8. I installed it while logged in as Administrator and this copy accepts that it is registered. But when I login as a normal user, which obviously does not have admin privileges, I still get the Unregistered Version message and have to wait before I can Activate it every time - why should I have to do this if I have paid for it!!

12-09-2002 07:39 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Gareth,
Your problem is related to the read/write rights that your second non admin user have over the OS X boot folder/Library/Application Support folder. This is a common for all applications folder and iGetter uses it to place its license file. By default "Application Support" folder has only read and execute operations allowed for iGetter when you use any non admin user and read/write/execute operations allowed when you've logged in as an admin user.

That means in all cases you must login as a user with admin privileges and then to activate iGetter. Now you can login as any other user and iGetter will run as a registered application.

We don't know the reason why iGetter can't run as registered application when you've login as a non admin user, but to solve the problem you can follow these steps:

1. Login to OS X with an admin user.
2. Open the "Terminal" application from the /Applications/Utilities folder
3. Write in the terminal the following:

chmod 777 /Library/Application\ Support

Now iGetter must run as a registered application and you can activate it with any user (admin and non admin). "chmod 777" means that the "Application Support" folder will have read/write/execute operations allowed for all users.

Write to our support email if we can be of a further assistance.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-14-2003 11:54 AM

Posted by:
Robert Rosenberg

Find more posts by Robert Rosenberg

iGetter Unregistering Registered Copy

I am running into a similar problem. I have only one user account which (of course) has Admin Privileges. I move my License into the correct folder and I am shown as Registered. I can use the program but at random intervals, I get a screen that says that the program has decided to unregister itself. The license file is then deleted and I must copy it back in.

How do I convince it to stay registered?

Note: I am using the License file I got when I first registered my MacOS 9.x version. Do I need to get (pay for) a new X License?

Thank you.

01-15-2003 05:49 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Robert,
iGetter single license unlocks both MacOS and OS X versions of iGetter installed on one machine and you don't need to purchase a second license for your OS X copy. Check your email for more instructions about how to activate your OS X copy of iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply