iGetter 1.9 Still Crashes When Deleting in Jaguar
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-08-2002 05:00 AM

Posted by:
John

Find more posts by John

I find that iG 1.9 crashes all the time. I didn't find this a problem with 1.8 and OSX 10.1 but now I'm left with files that I cannot delete. Is there another way to clear the files from the list?
I am using a Mac G4/450 and OSX 10.2.2.

12-09-2002 07:53 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello John,
This is a bug that we already wrote in the iGetter bugs list for resolving. You may try first to use the iGetter function 'Reveal in Finder' to find and delete the real file. Then try to delete just the row in the iGetter queue without the local downloaded file. We will make everything possible to solve this bug in a short time.

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-09-2002 05:04 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

Thanks for the reply.

12-11-2002 12:34 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

I've now tried what you suggest but it does not work. Any other way to get rid of the unwanted downloads?

12-12-2002 12:35 PM

Posted by:
Gagan

Find more posts by Gagan

But what about the crashes

I just wanted to let you know that I too just upgraded from v1.8 to v1.9....paid for the license....but the program still keeps crashing every 2 to 3 minutes during downloads........its really, really frustrating......maybe you should refund the money to those who have paid for the program but cannot even use it!!!

12-14-2002 05:12 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
We also use and test iGetter on MacOS X 10.2.2 and it works just fine. It seems the problem with deleting and crashing on every 2-5 min is a problem with saving of the iGetter preferences.

You can try to delete finished downloads from the queue switching on the "On quit clear queue of finished" General preferences option. If this doesn't help we recommend you to completely reinstall iGetter especially its preferences. To do so first you can gather all of your downloads in one place, because you will need to find and add them to iGetter queue manually after the reinstall. You can create a new Folder filter, then select all downloads and drop them there.

Remove all iGetter preferences placed in the "Home directory/Library/Preferences/iGetter" folder. Find the 'iGetter 1.x Prefs' file and remove it from there (we recommend you to save all these files for backup use) . Also remove all files starting with 'iGetter' in the "Home/Library/'Preferences", if there are any.

Then to be sure that iGetter has installed its new components, use the 'Uninstall iGetter' application in the iGetter application folder.

Now start iGetter v1.9. It will start without any files in the queue, but you can add them clicking twice over the all unfinished iGetter downloads on your HD. Then you must set again the iGetter preferences especially the Acceleration and Proxy (if you use proxy) preferences.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply