Delete File Option
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-08-2002 12:24 PM

Posted by:
Tom McIntosh

Find more posts by Tom McIntosh

Everytime I Ask to delete a download, I have to add the check to delete the file as well. Would like an option where that flag can be set to ON for all deletes.

12-09-2002 08:03 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Tom,
Thank you for your suggestion.

The idea is you must be sure that you really want to delete the file. iGetter deletes it permanently, it doesn't move it to the trash folder.

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-09-2002 05:11 PM

Posted by:
Diego

Find more posts by Diego

Yes.
But since years and years ago the Macintosh Trahscan had the checkmark in the info panel to allow user to remove the "are ou sure?"

Jaguar doesn't have and I prefer to have the option to decide by myself how my software should behave, as far as I'm aware of how risky a procedure can be.

Removing this option at all is a limitation of my freedom in some way. I'm old enough to decide what to do with my files.

Put it in some hidden preferences place.
Put in a couple of mega flashing warning messages but put it. Let us configure the software as we like.

Just my opinion.

Regards

01-09-2003 11:13 PM

Posted by:
Tom McIntosh

Find more posts by Tom McIntosh

My choice

Agree with the previous post - it should be my choice - after all, it is just a download and not my system folder.

Tom

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply