Scheduler
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-06-2003 12:11 PM

Posted by:
Michael

Find more posts by Michael

If my computer is not connected to the internet and I schedule a download, will the scheduler trigger the dial-in? I scheduled a download for 4AM but my computer uses a modem dial-up. The scheduler did not dial-up for the download. Thanks.

01-07-2003 05:54 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Michael,
You must set on the 'Redial modem if disconnected' option at the Schedule downloads window to begin a dial-up connection at the given start time as well as it will reconnect your modem until all file downloads in the queue are finished. If you want iGetter to disconnect your modem when the files in the queue are done you must set on the 'Hang Up modem when done' option too. You can also stop (hang-up) the connection at a given time if you wish.

Note that on MacOS X iGetter tries to connect to the Internet by all available network interfaces. That means that if you have a LAN/Ethernet connection available iGetter will try to download from it and will not connect your modem. To avoid this you must disable the Ethernet interface temporarily when you want iGetter to control (redial and hang-up) your modem.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply