Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
iGetter and Safari suggestions
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-09-2003 08:59 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We tested iGetter v1.9 with the Safari Public Beta (released on January 7, 2003) and found that the plug-in integration with iGetter doesn't work properly. So we recommend you if you plan to make the Safari your prefered browser, switch off the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' iGetter Tools function. Safari starts iGetter properly, but then it continues to download at background. You must stop the loading in Safari if you use the integration function of iGetter.

Regarding the contextual menu functions "Download with iGetter" and "Download all with iGetter" we will make everything possible to include them in Safari at the next release of iGetter. For now you can first start iGetter and then use the 'Copy Link to Clipboard' contextual menu function.

iGetter Support

01-14-2003 07:41 AM

Posted by:
a Martin

Find more posts by a Martin

The iGetter integration works great with Safari for me.

The only problem is with the .dmg-files that doesn't go to iGetter even if I've added "dmg" in iGetter preferences. They get downloaded by Safari instead, but all other files seem to be sent to iGetter.

01-16-2003 01:11 AM

Posted by:
Will Lanni

Find more posts by Will Lanni

I just have to say, man is it a refreshing sight to see a software developer who actually pays attention to its software, acknowledges when things may not work as expected and says that functionality is being worked on, etc.

Unlike *cough* macromedia.

sorry, griping after another long day of frustration with buggy nasty old flash.

01-20-2003 10:39 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by akaSparky

I concur with Martin...iGetter seems to capture all but the .dmg downloads in Safari. No problems so far.

On an unrelated matter....I tried installing iGetter on my laptop and it seems that after using iGetter at home the laptop copy liscense disapears and I have to replace the liscense file. Then if I use it on the laptop the liscense on the desktop disappears! Is there something I don't know? Or am I destined to keep replacing liscense files?

01-25-2003 06:09 AM

Posted by:
Matthew Bate

Find more posts by Matthew Bate

That's fine if it is a conventional link to a file. What if it is a javascript-type link such as the ones at There are more and more of these on the net and iGetter does not support them with Safari?

02-18-2003 06:03 PM

Posted by:
Christian Robles

Find more posts by Christian Robles

Safari and iGetter integration

Can someone please let me know how to configure Safari to be integrated with iGetter for it to download automatically any file... I have Explorer 5.2 and it works fine... but with Safari it doesn't.

03-22-2003 11:14 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by Eric

I was using Speed Download, and Safari only worked with some files, and of course there was no contextual menu support, very similar problems to iGetter. But I repeatedly sent emails asking about this problem, and the only reply I ever got stated that SD works fine with Safari!

Thank you for not only acknowleding the problem, but explaining it and giving a timetable for fixing the problem.

Because of this, I'm going to be sending my money in to register iGetter (as soon as it works flawlessly with Safari). You guys know how software development should work! :)

09-27-2003 09:05 AM

Posted by:
Tom McIntosh

Find more posts by Tom McIntosh

Non-Loading .dmg files

iGetter 1.9.5 and Safari 1.0 (v85) still pass .dmg files to the Safari loader where there is no speed limit or restart functions. Any suggestions or planned fixes?

09-29-2003 07:31 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Tom,
iGetter v1.9.5 already integrates with Safari v1.0, but note that Safari handles "dmg" files on its own without respect to the installed plug-in. This is a problem that we hope Apple will solve in the near future.

iGetter Support

11-03-2003 10:11 AM

Posted by:
Fabrizio La Rosa

Find more posts by Fabrizio La Rosa

still no support for dmg files in Safari

I have installed Panther, which includes Safari v.1.1, and the dmg files are still handled by the (poor) Safari download manager ... since this behavior is annoying because many files are actually shipped in this format, is there a time schedule to fix this?

11-15-2003 03:42 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by pbeaudet

The dmg problem is bothersome to be polite.

01-05-2004 10:29 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by Ilgaz

I am sick of browser myself as a G5 owner. Thats the thing which ms got afraid?

07-21-2011 09:20 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by Andy

igetter 2.8 does not work with latest safari

igetter 2.8 does not work with latest safari 5.1 6534.50

07-22-2011 06:57 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Andy,
Currently, we're working on Safari 5.1 support. So iGetter v2.8.7 is compatible with Safari 5.0.5 and prior.

You have posted on a thread from 2003 year when Safari 1.0 public beta was just released.

iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply