Downloading images from multiple pages of thumbnails
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-21-2003 09:30 PM

Posted by:
LB

Find more posts by LB

I'm having trouble with igetter 1.9 in OS 10.15 and Explorer 5.2.

The scenario is a web site of image files structured:

- index page (www.test.com/setindex.html): links to 5 pages of thumbnails (/set1/, /set2/, etc.)
- each page of thumbnails: thumbnails link to jpg files in that set (/set1/1.jpg, /set1/2.jpg etc.) and there are text links to the other pages of thumbnails (/set2/index.html, etc.).

If I process the index page, I see the directories queued for download. When I start automatic download, igetter hangs/freezes.

If I process /set1/index.html, it downloads all the files that page links to (including the jpgs and /set2/index.html) but doesn't download the files on the linked html pages (eg. /set2/1.jpg etc).

Further, I thought the 'browser integration' settings could be used so igetter would automatically download every link to a file of a particular type (eg. .jpg) on every page you visit. But this doesn't happen.

What's the best way to proceed?

LB

03-22-2003 11:45 PM

Posted by:
Beater

Find more posts by Beater

Try this...

For pron, you might want to try out Pagesucker,

http://www.pagesucker.com/

It's got authentication capability, and in my experience it works on 90% of thumbnail sites.

I've not had much luck with iGetter myself, but then I'd probably try harder with it if I hadn't already paid for Pagesucker.

Good luck!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply