Different size from remote
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-01-2003 05:41 AM

Posted by:
gemp

Find more posts by gemp

I needed a good software like iGetter to retrieve large files (up to 1 Go and about 20 hours of downloading) because I get randomly disconnected from the internet. I choose http to avoid login but I can use ftp. Most of the time it works perfectly well.

But twice now, after an interruption, I got "Network error: The local file download has different size from the remote file. To fix this you must restart the download from the beginning" though I know the remote files haven't been modified.

When the counter of a 750 Mo file shows 94% this is rather annoying.

02-06-2003 07:43 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Gemp,
The very possible reason for this error is that you don't have enough space on your HD. Eventual crashing of your system or a power fail may cause losing of downloaded data or corrupting of your downloads in progress, too.

It's very important to have enough HD space for your downloads, before starting and during the download process.

There is a minimal chance to trick iGetter and resume your file by setting the right file size, but this is a complicated method and needs programmer's skills.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply