< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-18-2003 06:38 AM

Posted by:
Alexis

Find more posts by Alexis

Hi,
I would like to download some files from a site that requires me to enter personal details (namely, iMovie from Apple's site). The contextual menu "Download with iGetter" does not appear, and I am only able to choose "Download ALL with iGetter", but this does not get me the file.

My few tests on straight (anonomous) d/l's were sucessful using "Download with iGetter".

My connection is not stable enough to d/l directly with I.E. 5.2.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

02-19-2003 05:11 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Alexis,
The contextual menu function "Download (All) with iGetter" works only for direct download links. The Apple's iMovie, etc. registration forms don't provide direct links for downloading and the only solution is to use the iGetter 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools function. Now iGetter must intercept automatically all files with extensions listed in the iGetter Integration preferences.

One suggestion for FTP located ".dmg" files. Surprisingly IE has not included this extension in its preferences. To allow automatic interception of dmg files you must first add this extension in the iGetter integration preferences. This must be enough for Chimera for example, but in Internet Explorer you must add also a file helper for this extension. So start IE and open its preferences. Now open Receiving Files Group and select File Helpers panel. Push Add button and write the following info:

Description: Disk Image File
Extension: .dmg
MIME type: application/octet-stream
Application: Browse->Disk Copy
Encoding: Binary
How to handle: View with plug-in
Plug-in name: iGetter plugin

Now all dmg files with FTP location must be transferred to iGetter automatically.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply