Segment fails
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-28-2003 06:50 PM

Posted by:
drealynn42

Find more posts by drealynn42

I have been using IGetter 1.9 for Mac OS9 for a few weeks without problems. Recently I have had trouble downloading large files from a server that is very slow. The files download fine until the status says 100% complete, and then the last segment will not download. The log says "network error: Failed to get the segment", and either a yellow X appears or it goes into waiting mode indefinitely. I have successfuly downloaded a file of similar size from this site before, so I am not sure why it is doing this now. I tried changing the number of segments to 1, but it still fails. I am also wondering if there is any way that I can open the file I have downloaded, even though it failed to get the last segment. Right now it will only open as an IGetter file, but I want to open it as a Quicktime mpg. Thanks!

03-03-2003 06:40 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
We have a similar problem and found that this is a problem caused from a Proxy server or the server incorrectly returns the last part of the file. The solution is to find a mirror for this file or to wait some more time (for example a day) when the Proxy cache will be cleared.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply