Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Problem in IE 5.2
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-27-2003 03:41 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by KathyC

I've installed two utilities--iGetter and PopUp Zapper--and I'm encountering a problem, so I'm checking with both of you to see if you've seen or heard of this. I have not registered yet because I'm still trying to figure out how best to use it and if it will help me, so I would appreciate a reply.

When I open Favorites (cmd + 2) window in IE, I am unable to move a saved favorite to a folder. When I click on the link, an enhanced contextual menu comes up with all of IEs menus plus iGetter and Zapper menus. I have a MacAlly two-key mouse and this happens when I left-click (standard) or right-click (option + click). The same menu comes up no matter which side of the mouse I click. I am unable to do anything else but what's in the contextual menus and I certainly can't do anything that I was able to do before installing.

If this is not a known problem or you can't duplicate, then I'll go hassle PopUp Zapper! FYI, I'm running 10.2.4 (w/out latest security update of 3/24) on G4 MMD dual 1.25GHz w/ iGetter 1.9 for OS X.

03-28-2003 06:44 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

From your report we assume that the problem with the IE contextual menu is outside the iGetter. To be sure that iGetter doesn't intervene in your browser just open its Integration panel preferences and turn off 'Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers' and 'Integrate with Internet browsers (Watch for URL clicks)' options. Now iGetter in no way will integrate itself with your browser.

We suggest you to check your mouse and browser preferences. It's possible that they have option to replace the left mouse click with a right one in some situations.

iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply