Getting started
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-31-2003 07:09 AM

Posted by:
JohnS

Find more posts by JohnS

I had iGetter recommended so dowloaded an evaluation copy. I decompressed this, and it is sitting on my hard disk. When I open it I get three windows and the top one, about iGetter, will not close. All the menu titles are greyed out except help, and help only describes features of the program. Where do I go from here to actually start using this program?

04-01-2003 05:04 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello John,
If you use an unregistered copy of iGetter you will see that the splash screen waits 15 sec. at startup and then shows an OK button for closing it. When you close the About Box you can start using the iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-01-2003 06:04 AM

Posted by:
JohnS

Find more posts by JohnS

Getting Started

Thank you for your comments, but your suggestion is not working for me. The "Splash" screen is busy counting down from 15300 and there is no "OK" coming up after 15 seconds. I have been staring at it for over 10 minutes and it remains stubbornly unfriendly. No "OK" is in evidence. Should I trash this version and try downloading again?

It didn't even kick in when I downloaded Quicktime 6.1 -- which bombed out before completion -- something that iGetter is supposed to help with. I'm not fronting up with a shareware fee until I know the damn thing works!

04-03-2003 04:25 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello John,
Thank you for your report.

It seems this is a bug in iGetter. We will be grateful if you contact us at igettersupport(at)presenta.net with your machine and MacOS configuration.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-04-2003 09:32 PM

Posted by:
JohnS

Find more posts by JohnS

Since my last posting, iGetter has spontaneously fixed itself, and is working exactly as it is supposed to. I am delighted, and will register.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply