Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-21-2003 07:53 PM

Posted by:
RONNIE HUANG

Find more posts by RONNIE HUANG

hi, I have a similar question with this thread
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=197
I can't download from a particular ftp after swapping active and passive connection. I can only read the size of the file. The ftp is suppose to use
ACTIVE connection. BTW, My mac shares internet connection with a XP PC via router. Any thing to do with the router?
Thanks for your time.

05-22-2003 05:30 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Ronnie,
It seems that your problem is related to a Firewall that blocks the active connection of the FTP server (most Firewalls do that thinking that they detect an intrusion attempt). The odd thing is that the FTP server supports only ACTIVE connection. The only solution is to configure your Firewall to accept active connections. To be sure that this is the problem switch off for a moment your Firewall. This may be is the Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall or some other third party software.

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-22-2003 04:51 PM

Posted by:
Ronnie

Find more posts by Ronnie

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I am very certain it's the router causing the problem.
I try set port forward but ended up completely failed on that.
Now my mac can be only connected the cable modern directly, cos I am not able to setu te router again. THe proble is at the end of the setup procedure when connection is testing, my ie kept reloading and flashing until several minutes, it said " no responce", connection failed. I think a sucessful port forward setup will end the problem.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply