URL Already Downloaded Design-Flaw
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-22-2003 10:02 PM

Posted by:
Robert A. Rosenberg

Find more posts by Robert A. Rosenberg

If I attempt to click on a Download URL on a Web Page and that URL has already been downloaded by iGetter in the past. I get a reject message telling me this. To get the file to download I must search through the list of download date ordered files (the column is not sortable to alpha order) to find the entry so I can either delete it or use the redownload menu option.

The list should automatically scrolled to that entry by the program when the error warning is issued.

05-26-2003 06:32 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Robert,
We plan to add such possibility in the next major release v2.0 where downloads will be separated in completed and uncompleted sections of downloads. May be a partial solution is the new sortable table included in the forthcoming v1.9.5 as well as you can always delete completed downloads switching on the 'On quit clear queue of finished' option located in the General preferences of iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-30-2003 11:06 PM

Posted by:
Robert A. Rosenberg

Find more posts by Robert A. Rosenberg

Sortable Columns

As you commented, sortable columns is perfectly acceptable to me as a solution. It allows me to FIND the prior download entry so I can say "Re-Download".

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply