Integration with Mozilla browser
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-04-2003 06:15 PM

Posted by:
Daniel

Find more posts by Daniel

Does anyone out there know how to either make iGetter the default DL for Mozilla or otherwise integrating it with Mozilla?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Daniel

06-06-2003 09:32 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Daniel,
You can just switch on the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools menu function. iGetter will install a browser plug-in for interception of file downloads automatically in your browser. By default iGetter will intercept only: sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz files (set in the iGetter Integration preferences).

To check that the iGetter plug-in is loaded in Netscape/Mozilla, start the browser and go to Help->'About plug-ins' function. iGetter plug-in must be listed there.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-09-2003 12:12 AM

Posted by:
Daniel

Hello iGetter Support:

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way to go beyond
the defaults (.sit, .bin, etc.) and be able to also get iGetter to download mp3, mpeg, and other file types directly while using the Mozilla browser ? Is there any way to even get iGetter into a contextual menu within Mozilla as I can with Inernet Explorer?

Thanks again.

Daniel

06-09-2003 07:10 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Daniel,
Of course you can add mp3, mpeg or any other extension in the iGetter Integration panel preferences. Notice that QuickTime plug-in handles most of the audio and video file types and adding these extensions to iGetter means that you want to download them with iGetter instead of QuickTime.

We look for a way to integrate a contextual menu support in Mozilla/Netscape browsers, but for now it seems that this is a very complicated way.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-09-2003 10:54 PM

Posted by:
Daniel

Hello Again iGetter Support:

I think I garbled the meaning of my last question. What I would like to do is to have iGetter automatically "catch" the other file types from Mozilla, not just for the default files types you listed. If not, I'll just use the drag and drop method to the target icon. It's not a HUGE deal, but the added convenience of automated catches would be nice if I could set it up.

Thanks again.

Daniel

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply